10 Year Anti-Rot Guarantee
Tanalised Anti-rot protection guards against fungal decay and insect attack. The guarantee does not cover movement, warping or splitting of timber products over time. Any warranty offered is only valid for goods within the United Kingdom. All products sold are for domestic use only unless otherwise stated in the description and/or product pages.
This warranty applies to products purchased after January 2010, please note products purchased before this date carry a standard 1 year warranty on all parts.
Standard/Dip-treated products carry a 2 year guarantee against rot.
Validity of Guarantee
The product build instructions which are supplied with each building should be adhered to comply with the conditions of the guarantee. If any part of pre-treated timber is cut, notched or drilled then an approved cut-end treatment should be applied to comply with the conditions of the guarantee. A suitable timber treatment should be applied at the time of first build and then applied every 12 months to maintain the appearance of the timber and to comply with the conditions of the guarantee. The application and/or mixing guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the timber treatment should be followed.
The guarantee is invalid if:
- If the building has been customised or modified in any way.
- The person claiming is not the original purchaser of the building.
- The building has not been treated annually or as per the treatment of the manufacturers.
- The building has not been erected on a solid / concrete base or placed on pressure treated bearers.
- The building has not been erected, fitted or installed correctly.
- The building is or has been touching any external wall which can allow moisture to penetrate the timber.
Wood is a natural product and susceptible to changes in the external environment. Extremes of temperature or weather conditions will cause a reaction in the timber. Sawn timber and machine-rounded items in particular, may split. This will not affect the structural strength of the wood or the product guarantee.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS